food interaction for CLINDA
alcohol interaction for CLINDA
pregnancy interaction for CLINDA
lactation interaction for CLINDA
medicine interaction for CLINDA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CLINDA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CLINDA
- ERYTOP 1% GEL(20 GM gel in tube)USV LtdRs. 6.05/GM of gelRs. 121save 40% more per GM of gel
- CLINCIN 1% GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Indi PharmaRs. 4.48/GM of gelRs. 89.65save 56% more per GM of gel
- KLYNX 1% GEL(10 GM gel in tube)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.50/GM of gelRs. 75save 26% more per GM of gel
- CLINCENT 1% GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Centaur Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.83/GM of gelRs. 96.62save 52% more per GM of gel
- CLENCHIN 1% GEL(20 GM gel in tube)Rowan Bioceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.64/GM of gelRs. 72.81save 64% more per GM of gel
Expert advice FOR CLINDA
- Discontinue use of topical clindamycin and contact your doctor immediately, if you experience diarrhea or bloody diarrhea.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse or use of other intravaginal products such as tampons or douches while using clindamycin cream.
- Clindamycin cream contains mineral oil that may weaken latex products (condoms and diaphragms) and may not provide adequate birth control. Therefore, do not use these products within 72 hours of using clindamycin cream.
- Avoid direct contact of cream with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water and seek immediate medical attention.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have Crohn’s disease (a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines), antibiotic-associated colitis (colon inflammation).
Frequently asked questions FOR CLINDA
Q. Can I use clindamycin with a penicillin allergy?
Clindamycin is considered safe for use in patients with a penicillin allergy
Q. Does clindamycin treat acne scars?
Clindamycin can prevent the formation of new scars by preventing formation of new acne, but will not be useful for the scars already formed
Q. Can clindamycin cream cause thrush?
Yes. Use of clindamycin cream may cause thrush (a type of fungal or yeast infection) in rare cases.