Medicine Overview of Citrakem Syrup
Side Effect of Citrakem is Stomach pain.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. Citrakem Syrup may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Citrakem Syrup is a urine alkalizer. It works by increasing the pH of urine which makes it less acidic. This helps the kidneys get rid of excess uric acid, thereby preventing gout and certain types of kidney stones.
In Depth Information on Citrakem Syrup
• It is advised to take the drug after meals and with plenty of plain water or juice to avoid stomach upset.
• Inform your doctor if you have severe kidney disorders e.g., decreased urine output, sodium-restricted diet, high sodium levels in blood
• Seek medical attention if you have a difficulty in breathing after taking the drug, or have low calcium levels, high blood pressure, heart problems (e.g., irregular heartbeat, heart failure), kidney disease, swollen ankles/legs/feet due to water retention (peripheral edema).
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to disodium hydrogen citrate or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with history of high blood potassium levels, congestive heart failure, heart disease or severe kidney problems, or in case if you are dehydrated.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid the intake of disodium hydrogen citrate.
• Patients suffering from severe bacterial infection should also avoid the intake of disodium hydrogen citrate.
Citrakem Syrup related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Citrakem Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Citrakem Syrup during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
Citrakem Syrup does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Citrakem Syrup in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Citrakem Syrup in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Citrakem Syrup, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Taking Citrakem with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Phenindione: Dindevan
Medicines with composition Theophylline: Theopin, Zvtho, OD Phyllin, Onimar, Unicontin-E, Theobid, Theoday, Biryth, Klon T, Theoresp Plus, Lungfyl, Theolife, Phylobid, Uniresp, Theotas, Theoresp, Tsr, Lontif, Theoped, Theo PA, Broncordil, Theostan, Duralyn
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Citrakem Syrup: MPC, SDM, BHM, IMC, RPP, TRP, PTP, NDP, CRN, PRL, 9MM, IPL, SRG, BIO, AVS, OBS, QTM, BHA, BDI, NTB, LMS, DHR, HAT, BBN, SVH, SSI, XMX, STS, ENP, BNA, NVY, RGH, RKS, TFP, SJP, BAL, DVH, CPK, NNP, AVB, SCH, KHD, HBV, UVD, MAP, SVS, AYN, GBL, BLE, SNG, SCP, RWP, VSL, THP, TAT, OWP, MLC, ABP, MSD, SLN, GHR, HMP, WHL, DLP, MMS, EAN, GMA, SAF, NNH, GPP, SBA, HLT, ZPR, HTS, UHP, APS, VTR, DPP, DRA, AFT, JHC, SNH, RUS, DYG, RSS, AMH, HNP, FRM, ATP, PRN, GLD, BDN, PRT, HZF, AVL, BSN, SHD, YMI, ZEL, VHP, 1MH, ASP, SGH, BLS, LCC, NTL, CHP, MDO, VDH, NVL, GNC, BRC, INC, KLC, PRC, KHC, SWP, NXG, MKS, DAO, JSL, STA, RHL, DFP, CLT, BGS, CMC, KIS, SGC, ARD, KHH, JJE, BTM, PTI, NSL, BJP, JVO, NAS, LHA, SWA, VSC, AGT, AAY, WPL, DPL, JIV, MDH, RAC, EEC, ADT, BAP, IAD, WAD, BHP, AXM, AYM, EPS, RDH, BBS, SSA, BMJ, AYU, HGI, RPI, PWN, TNH, BNT, GLM, SYN, PHN, HSM, MBP, SMS, HPP, GPT, HIP, TSS, RSA, PLT, AMR, SDE, VNS, ALC, MAK, KNH, VJS, MKT, AAR, DZY, AWS, MAM, HCP, PHC, GDA, ATL, BLP, ANT, GTK, UMP, USF, HEX, ESY, JBT, OHM, SMN, PPR, RDR, RHW, PNT, OIP, SWT, ZVP, 4IT, OLT, HPC, TOM, DHP, EQN, MAX, GEO, SHC, VRS, DGN, NEO, QLF, VOP, SPD, EMB, HSP, SBL, PVP, WSI, FGH, BHS, JVN, LHP, ANP, PMA, DYL, GTC, KMC