Information about Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Uses
How Disodium Hydrogen Citrate works
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate is a urine alkalizer. It works by increasing the pH of urine which makes it less acidic. This helps the kidneys get rid of excess uric acid, thereby preventing gout and certain types of kidney stones.
Common side effects of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach pain, Vomiting, Tiredness
Available Medicine for Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
AlkasolStadmed Pvt Ltd
₹104 to ₹3006 variant(s)
CitalIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹90 to ₹1612 variant(s)
₹95 to ₹1342 variant(s)
OricitralTTK Healthcare Ltd
AlkarateMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
AlkelAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹66 to ₹1022 variant(s)
AlkadipYash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd
AdlizerAdroit Lifescience Pvt Ltd
AlkanilInga Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
• It is advised to take the drug after meals and with plenty of plain water or juice to avoid stomach upset.
• Inform your doctor if you have severe kidney disorders e.g., decreased urine output, sodium-restricted diet, high sodium levels in blood
• Seek medical attention if you have a difficulty in breathing after taking the drug, or have low calcium levels, high blood pressure, heart problems (e.g., irregular heartbeat, heart failure), kidney disease, swollen ankles/legs/feet due to water retention (peripheral edema).
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to disodium hydrogen citrate or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with history of high blood potassium levels, congestive heart failure, heart disease or severe kidney problems, or in case if you are dehydrated.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid the intake of disodium hydrogen citrate.
• Patients suffering from severe bacterial infection should also avoid the intake of disodium hydrogen citrate.