Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Information about Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Disodium hydrogen citrate uses
How disodium hydrogen citrate works
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate is a urine alkalizer. It works by increasing the pH of urine which makes it less acidic. This helps the kidneys get rid of excess uric acid, thereby preventing gout and certain types of kidney stones.
Common side effects of disodium hydrogen citrate
Diarrhea, Nausea, Stomach pain, Vomiting, Tiredness
Available Medicine for Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
- ₹95 to ₹249Stadmed Pvt Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹136Indoco Remedies Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹122Pfizer Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64TTK Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹102Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70Synchem Lab1 variant(s)
- ₹71Yash Pharma Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹129Adroit Lifescience Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
• It is advised to take the drug after meals and with plenty of plain water or juice to avoid stomach upset.
• Inform your doctor if you have severe kidney disorders e.g., decreased urine output, sodium-restricted diet, high sodium levels in blood
• Seek medical attention if you have a difficulty in breathing after taking the drug, or have low calcium levels, high blood pressure, heart problems (e.g., irregular heartbeat, heart failure), kidney disease, swollen ankles/legs/feet due to water retention (peripheral edema).
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to disodium hydrogen citrate or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with history of high blood potassium levels, congestive heart failure, heart disease or severe kidney problems, or in case if you are dehydrated.
• Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid the intake of disodium hydrogen citrate.
• Patients suffering from severe bacterial infection should also avoid the intake of disodium hydrogen citrate.
Frequently asked questions for Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate
Q. How do you use Disodium Hydrogen Citrate?
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate should be used in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Shake the bottle well before each use. Mix it in a glass of water or juice as advised by your doctor. Avoid taking Disodium Hydrogen Citrate on an empty stomach if diarrhea occurs. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medicine to avoid stomach upset.
Q. How long does it take to work?
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate taken few minutes to start working and its effect lasts for around four to six hours. Do not skip doses and use it for the duration prescribed by your doctor for maximum benefits.
Q. What if I overdose?
Taking Disodium Hydrogen Citrate in more quantity as recommended by your doctor, will not help you recover faster. However, it may only expose you to increased side effects only. Therefore, it is advised that you take it as per the directions given by your doctor and do not double the dose, even if you forget to take your usual dose.
Q. What is the function of Disodium Hydrogen Citrate?
Disodium Hydrogen Citrate is a urine alkaliser that decreases the production of uric acid. Therefore, it helps in the treatment and prevention of kidney stones and gout.