food interaction for CERACAL
alcohol interaction for CERACAL
pregnancy interaction for CERACAL
lactation interaction for CERACAL
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CERACAL
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for CERACAL
- SENACEPT 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 123.93/tabletRs. 1239.33pay 7% more per tablet
- MIMCIPAR 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 122.48/tabletRs. 1224.82pay 6% more per tablet
- SETZ 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 116.09/tabletRs. 1160.91pay 1% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for CERACAL
- Inform your doctor before taking cinacalcet if you have heart or liver problems, seizures (fits), history of life threatening hypocalcemia (low blood calcium levels) or if you have started or stopped smoking.
- Consult your doctor before taking the medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you are taking medicines used to treat skin or bacterial infections, fungal infections, HIV infection, heart problems, depression or high blood pressure.
- Take this medicine with food or meals as may lead to better absorption of the drug.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may lead to dizziness.
Frequently asked questions for CERACAL
Q.What is cinacalcet used for?
Cinacalcet is used to treat increased blood calcium levels cause due to a condition called as hyperparathyroidism
Q.How does cinacalcet work?
Cinacalcet works by decreasing the level of parathyroid hormone which further prevents the increased level of calcium in the blood.