Information about Cinacalcet
Cinacalcet is used in the treatment of high calcium levels in the blood and hyperparathyroidism.
How cinacalcet works
Cinacalcet works by lowering a chemical (parathyroid hormone), which makes calcium level go back to normal.
Common side effects of cinacalcet
Available Medicine for Cinacalcet
- ₹680 to ₹1199Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹704 to ₹1225Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹579 to ₹1726Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹1239Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹599 to ₹1153Biocon2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cinacalcet
- Cinacalcet treats hyperparathyroidism and high calcium levels in the blood.
- It should be taken with or shortly after food.
- Cinacalcet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you start or stop smoking during treatment with Cinacalcet.
- Your doctor may monitor your calcium levels regularly during treatment with Cinacalcet. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of low calcium levels such as numbness or tingling around the mouth or muscle aches.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of seizures, heart problems, or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Cinacalcet
Q. Can I stop taking Cinacalcet whenever I feel better?
No, keep taking Cinacalcet as advised by your doctor. If you stop taking Cinacalcet, your parathyroid hormone may rise again. Talk to your doctor if you are having any problems due to Cinacalcet.
Q. How to cope-up with nausea and vomiting that occurs after taking Cinacalcet?
Nausea and vomiting due to Cinacalcet maybe temporary and it will go away within a day. If you are experiencing nausea or vomiting after having Cinacalcet, try distracting yourself with some work, and you should try to get plenty of fresh air to minimize your nausea.You should drink plenty of water or electrolytes solution (ORS) after vomiting to prevent dehydration. Please contact your doctor if you had more than 3 episodes of vomiting.