Information about Cinacalcet
Cinacalcet is used in the treatment of hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism.
How cinacalcet works
Cinacalcet works by lowering a chemical (parathyroid hormone), which makes calcium level go back to normal.
Common side effects of cinacalcet
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Headache, Dizziness, Rash, Back pain, Muscle pain, Upper respiratory tract infection, Dyspepsia, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation), Decreased appetite, Constipation, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Cinacalcet
- ₹653Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹677 to ₹1225Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹579 to ₹1726Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹629Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1239Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹599 to ₹1153Biocon2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cinacalcet
- Inform your doctor before taking cinacalcet if you have heart or liver problems, seizures (fits), history of life threatening hypocalcemia (low blood calcium levels) or if you have started or stopped smoking.
- Consult your doctor before taking the medicine if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine if you are taking medicines used to treat skin or bacterial infections, fungal infections, HIV infection, heart problems, depression or high blood pressure.
- Take this medicine with food or meals as may lead to better absorption of the drug.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may lead to dizziness.
Frequently asked questions for Cinacalcet
Q. What is Cinacalcet used for?
Cinacalcet is used to treat increased blood calcium levels cause due to a condition called as hyperparathyroidism
Q. How does Cinacalcet work?
Cinacalcet works by decreasing the level of parathyroid hormone which further prevents the increased level of calcium in the blood.