Information about Cinacalcet
Cinacalcet is used in the treatment of high calcium levels in the blood and hyperparathyroidism.
How Cinacalcet works
Cinacalcet works by lowering a chemical (parathyroid hormone), which makes calcium level go back to normal.
Common side effects of Cinacalcet
Expert advice for Cinacalcet
- Cinacalcet treats hyperparathyroidism and high calcium levels in the blood.
- It should be taken with or shortly after food.
- Cinacalcet may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you start or stop smoking during treatment with Cinacalcet.
- Your doctor may monitor your calcium levels regularly during treatment with Cinacalcet. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of low calcium levels such as numbness or tingling around the mouth or muscle aches.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of seizures, heart problems, or liver problems.