Medicine Overview of Celkeran Tablet
Side effects of Celkeran Tablet
Nausea, Vomiting, Mouth ulcer, Anemia, Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Bone-marrow suppression, Decreased white blood cell count, Diarrhoea, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils).
How to use Celkeran Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Celkeran 5mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Celkeran Tablet works
Celkeran 5mg tablet works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
In Depth Information on Celkeran Tablet
Expert advice for Celkeran Tablet
- Do not receive live vaccine (such as measles, mumps, rubella and others) while using chlorambucil, and avoid contact with anyone who has recently received a live vaccine as there are chances that the virus could be passed on to you.
- You may be regularly monitored for blood count while taking chlorambucil.
- Do not take chlorambucil if you have recently undergone radiotherapy or received other cytotoxic agents.
- Caution has to be followed if you have a liver or kidney problems.
- Regular monitoring is required if your child is having nephrotic syndrome; or if you have been prescribed high pulse dosing regimens and have a history of seizure disorder.
- Do not take chlorambucil if you have rare hereditary problems of glucose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medication.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Celkeran 5mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Celkeran 5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Celkeran 5mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Celkeran 5mg Tablet alters the abili+more
ty to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Celkeran 5mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney d+more
isease. No dose adjustment of Celkeran 5mg Tablet is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Chlorambucil, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Celkeran 5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Chlorambucil
Celkeran is administered orally in tablet form
Celkeran belongs to a class of drugs called nitrogen mustard derivatives which kill the cancer cells by interfering with DNA replication, and also by directly slowing or stopping their growth
No, hair loss or constipation has not been reported with the use of Celkeran.
Celkeran is used to treat some types of blood cancers like Hodgkin's disease (cancer that starts in blood cells that are part of immune system), certain forms of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, chronic lymphocytic leukemia (disease where the bone marrow produces a large number of abnormal white cells. It is also used to treat Waldenstrom's macroglobulinaemia (rare blood condition involving the release of an abnormal protein, macroglobulin, into the blood)
Celkeran is metabolized in liver to form nontoxic compounds which are excreted in urine
Celkeran has to be stored in a refrigerator at 2 °C – 8 °C
Substitutes for Celkeran Tablet
Clokeran 5mg Tablet
Natco Pharma Ltd