Medicine Overview of Cefizox Injection
Uses of Cefizox Injection
Cefizox 500mg Injection is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
Side effects of Cefizox Injection
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
How to use Cefizox Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Cefizox Injection works
Cefizox 500mg injection is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
In Depth Information on Cefizox Injection
Expert advice for Cefizox Injection
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently. If this becomes severe or persistent or you notice that your stool contains blood or mucus you should stop taking Cefizox immediately and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Special precautions for Cefizox 500mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Cefizox 500mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Cefizox 500mg Injection is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
Avoid prolonged use of Cefizox 500mg Injection, since it may have possible effects such as rash and diarrhea....
Avoid prolonged use of Cefizox 500mg Injection, since it may have possible effects such as rash and diarrhea.
Cefizox 500mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Cefizox 500mg Injection should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Cefizox 500mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Cefizox+more
500mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Ceftizoxime, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Substitutes for Cefizox
No substitutes found for this medicine