Information about Ceftizoxime
Ceftizoxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for short-term treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft-tissue, ear, bone, blood, abdomen, genital and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How ceftizoxime works
Ceftizoxime is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body.
Common side effects of ceftizoxime
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftizoxime
- ₹371United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1250Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹136 to ₹360Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹143 to ₹395Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹377Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftizoxime
- Your doctor has prescribed Ceftizoxime to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Discontinue Ceftizoxime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- If you're on blood thinners, Ceftizoxime can interact with your medications and increase your bleeding tendencies.