Information about Ceftizoxime
Ceftizoxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ceftizoxime works
Ceftizoxime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of ceftizoxime
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Ceftizoxime
- ₹371United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1247Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹136 to ₹360Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹377Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹248Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftizoxime
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Never take an antibiotic for a viral infection like a cold or the flu.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently. If this becomes severe or persistent or you notice that your stool contains blood or mucus you should stop taking Ceftizoxime immediately and consult your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.