Information about Ceftizoxime
Ceftizoxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How ceftizoxime works
Ceftizoxime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of ceftizoxime
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Allergic reaction.
Available Medicine for Ceftizoxime
- ₹371United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1247Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹136 to ₹360Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹377Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹248Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ceftizoxime
- Only use Ceftizoxime when prescribed by a registered medical doctor.
- Always take the full prescription, even if you feel better.
- Can lead to nausea and diarrhoea frequently.
- Inform your doctor if you develop a rash or other unexpected symptoms.
- Inform your doctor if there is the previous history of drug allergy.
- Avoid taking for a long duration as there is a risk of serious intestinal infection and low blood count.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.