food interaction for CEFAKIND
alcohol interaction for CEFAKIND
pregnancy interaction for CEFAKIND
lactation interaction for CEFAKIND
Avoid Cefakind 500 mg tablet with dietary sodium.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CEFAKIND
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CEFAKIND 500 MG TABLET
Patients taking CEFAKIND 500 MG TABLET
- 80%Twice A Day
- 12%Thrice A Day
- 7%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for CEFAKIND
- CEFTUM 500 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 86.25/tabletRs. 345pay 232% more per tablet
- ZOCEF 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 58/tabletRs. 580pay 123% more per tablet
- ORATIL 500 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 27.17/tabletRs. 163pay 4% more per tablet
- PULMOCEF 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 31.06/tabletRs. 310.64pay 19% more per tablet
- ALTACEF 500 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 81.50/tabletRs. 815pay 213% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for CEFAKIND
- Be sure to use cefuroxime for the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Take cefuroxime tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefuroxime.
- Cefuroxime can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime.
- Do not start or continue the cefuroxime tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for CEFAKIND
Q.Does cefuroxime/ Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
Cefuroxime (also available as Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef) belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics and does not contain sulfa. However, its chemical structure is similar to penicillin
Q.Is cefuroxime gluten free?
Yes. Cefuroxime is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q.Can I take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)?
Yes. You can take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)
Q.Is cefuroxime safe?
Cefuroxime is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is cefuroxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.