Information about Cefuroxime
Cefuroxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft tissue, blood, and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How cefuroxime works
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of cefuroxime
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Injection site reaction, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefuroxime
- ₹110 to ₹431Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹771Alkem Laboratories Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹129 to ₹347Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹130 to ₹899Lupin Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹76 to ₹346Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹153 to ₹370Micro Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹919Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹99 to ₹275Hetero Drugs Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹144 to ₹359Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹237Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd5 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefuroxime
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefuroxime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefuroxime as it may cause increased side effects.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Cefuroxime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.