Information about Cefuroxime
Cefuroxime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of urinary tract, skin and soft tissue, blood, and lungs (pneumonia). It is also used to prevent infections after surgery.
How Cefuroxime works
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefuroxime
Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Increased liver enzymes, Nausea, Injection site reaction, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cefuroxime
ZocefAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹77 to ₹8107 variant(s)
CefakindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹150 to ₹3993 variant(s)
₹74 to ₹9438 variant(s)
SupacefGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹92 to ₹4174 variant(s)
PulmocefMicro Labs Ltd
₹46 to ₹4005 variant(s)
AltacefGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹95 to ₹10406 variant(s)
C FuroHetero Drugs Ltd
₹130 to ₹3565 variant(s)
StafcureMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹144 to ₹4335 variant(s)
OratilMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹45 to ₹4338 variant(s)
ForcefAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹57 to ₹4958 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefuroxime
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefuroxime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Cefuroxime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.