food interaction for C FURO
alcohol interaction for C FURO
pregnancy interaction for C FURO
lactation interaction for C FURO
Avoid C furo 250mg tablet with dietary sodium.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR C FURO
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR C FURO
- CEFTUM 250 MG TABLET(4 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 43.50/tabletRs. 174pay 278% more per tablet
- CEFAKIND 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 13/tabletRs. 130pay 13% more per tablet
- ZOCEF 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 31.90/tabletRs. 319pay 177% more per tablet
- ORATIL 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 15.60/tabletRs. 156pay 36% more per tablet
- PULMOCEF 250 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 15.78/tabletRs. 157.82pay 37% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR C FURO
- Be sure to use cefuroxime for the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Take cefuroxime tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefuroxime.
- Cefuroxime can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime.
- Do not start or continue the cefuroxime tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR C FURO
Q. Does cefuroxime/ Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
Cefuroxime (also available as Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef) belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics and does not contain sulfa. However, its chemical structure is similar to penicillin
Q. Is cefuroxime gluten free?
Yes. Cefuroxime is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Can I take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)?
Yes. You can take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)
Q. Is cefuroxime safe?
Cefuroxime is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is cefuroxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.