food interaction for BRAINSTAR
alcohol interaction for BRAINSTAR
pregnancy interaction for BRAINSTAR
lactation interaction for BRAINSTAR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BRAINSTAR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BRAINSTAR
- GLUCOMIND 0.8 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66pay 7% more per tablet
- DIACRIPTIN 0.8MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Delvin Formulations Pvt LtdRs. 7/tabletRs. 70pay 13% more per tablet
- D-BRO 0.8MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Zyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 6.99/tabletRs. 69.90pay 13% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR BRAINSTAR
- Do consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, are breastfeeding, recently given birth, or had a miscarriage or abortion.
- Take precautions if you have stomach ulcers or liver disease.
- Talk to your doctor if you experience any behavioral changes (e.g. gambling, sexual urges, eating disorders).
- Take precautions if you are taking treatment for fungal or bacterial infection or treatment for migraine since they may interact with bromocriptine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking bromocriptine as you may feel dizzy or faint.
Frequently asked questions FOR BRAINSTAR
Q. Is bromocriptine safe?
Bromocriptine is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is bromocriptine a monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)/steroid/hormone?
Bromocriptine is not a monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI)/steroid/hormone. It belongs to the class of drugs called dopamine agonists
Q. Is bromocriptine a fertility drug/ increased fertility?
It is used to treat hyperprolactinemia (increased prolactin level). Bromocriptine can normalize ovulation and improve fertility by bringing prolactin levels to normal
Q. Is bromocriptine addictive?
No, bromocriptine is not an addictive
Q. Is bromocriptine teratogenic?
Bromocriptine has not shown any teratogenic effects in humans. But always consult your doctor before taking this drug
Q. Is bromocriptine better than cabergoline?
Both Cabergoline and bromocriptine belong to the same class of drug known as dopamine agonists. Both the drugs have almost similar efficacy in treatment of hormonal abnormalities and in Parkinson's disease but effect can vary depending on individual response. Always consult your doctor before changing your medication
Q. Can you take ibuprofen/clomid (clomiphene)/ Tylenol (acetaminophen)/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/pseudoephedrine)/vitex (chaste tree)/ folic acid with bromocriptine?
No drug interaction was found with any of the mentioned drugs. Always consult your physician before taking any concomitant medicine
Q. Does bromocriptine cause constipation/weight loss/hair loss/weight gain?
Bromocriptine may cause side effects such as constipation and hair loss. But it has no known effect on body weight
Q. Does bromocriptine shrink pituitary tumors?
Yes, Bromocriptine can shrink specific tumors of pituitary gland like prolactinomas
Q. Does bromocriptine delay period?
Bromocriptine normalizes the monthly cycle. It can normalize ovulation (release of eggs or female gametes) by decreasing the release of prolactin.