Information about Bromocriptine
How Bromocriptine works
Bromocriptine is a dopamine receptor agonist. At low strength, it reduces insulin resistance and improves blood sugar control in diabetes mellitus. At high strength, it treats increased prolactin level by decreasing the amount of prolactin in the body. This helps in fertility and period problems. It also treats acromegaly by decreasing the amount of growth hormone in the body.
Common side effects of Bromocriptine
Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Dizziness, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Bromocriptine
SicriptinSerum Institute Of India Ltd
₹103 to ₹2045 variant(s)
D-BroZyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹75 to ₹1002 variant(s)
DiacriptinDelvin Formulations Pvt Ltd
₹76 to ₹932 variant(s)
Semi BromInga Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹80 to ₹2103 variant(s)
SicreptinSerum Institute Of India Ltd
BromitineEast West Pharma
₹51 to ₹1472 variant(s)
BromotinRPG Life Sciences Ltd
Expert advice for Bromocriptine
- Bromocriptine is used to treat conditions caused by excess production of a natural hormone called prolactin such as infertility, or abnormal production of breast milk (galactorrhoea).
- It should be taken with or after food to avoid side effects such as nausea or indigestion.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Bromocriptine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not take Bromocriptine if you are breastfeeding.
- Monitoring of blood pressure may be advised regularly during treatment with Bromocriptine.