Medicine Overview of Bioglandin Injection
Penile pain, Muscle cramp, Injection site hematoma, Penile disorder.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Alprostadil is similar to a natural substance found in the body called prostaglandin E1 and belongs to a class of drugs known as vasodilators. It widens blood vessels and increases blood flow to the penis making it easier to have an erection.
In Depth Information on Bioglandin Injection
- Alprostadil is either injected into the penis or used as a urethral suppository (pellet to be placed into the urinary opening of the penis) to produce an erection before a sexual intercourse. Consult your doctor regarding administration of alprostadil.
- Do not use more than one dose of alprostadil in a 24-hour period.
- If you experience an erection that lasts for > 4 hours, consult your doctor immediately, as it can lead to permanent sexual problems such as impotence.
- Alprostadil will not protect you or your partner from sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. AIDS) or blood-borne diseases (eg, hepatitis B). Take necessary precautions to prevent such infections.
- Alprostadil will not protect your partner from pregnancy. Use a reliable and appropriate contraceptive.
- You will need to have regular check-ups with your doctor while you are using alprostadil.
- Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks as alprostadil may cause dizziness.
- Do not drink alcohol as it worsens the side effects of alprostadil.
- Tell your doctor if your partner is pregnant or breastfeeding.
Bioglandin Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Bioglandin 500mcg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Bioglandin 500mcg Injection during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Bioglandin 500mcg Injection may make you feel dizzy or faint. This may affect your driving ability.
There is limited information available on the use of Bioglandin 500mcg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Bioglandin 500mcg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Bioglandin 500mcg Injection, please consult your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Bioglandin 500mcg Injection
What were the side-effects while using Bioglandin 500mcg Injection? How much was the improvement? What are you using Bioglandin Injection for?
Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)
Survey Participants: 7
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Bioglandin 500mcg Injection. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Bioglandin Injection
Bioglandin is used in adult males to treat erectile dysfunction including weak erections or impotence. It may also be used in diagnosis of erectile dysfunction
Bioglandin is safe if used at recommended dosage and duration. Apnea is not reported as side effect when used for the treatment of erectile dysfunction. Always consult your doctor before its use
Bioglandin is effective if used at recommended dosage and duration as advised by your doctor
Bioglandin is either injected into the penis or used as a urethral suppository (pellet to be placed into the urinary opening of the penis). Consult your doctor regarding administration of alprostadi
Bioglandin injections (with suspensions) can be stored below or at 25°C for 24 hrs. Urethral stick in unopened pouches is stored in a refrigerator (2-8oC). Prior to use you may remove them from the refrigerator and store them at room temperature (not above 30oC) for a maximum of 14 days.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Bioglandin 500mcg Injection: STA, RPI, JVN, BMJ, HTS, VNS, DPL, MLC, OHM, SLN, HIP, RKS, HSP, MPC, PWN, TNH, ATP, ENP, RDH, OLT, AYU, FGH, TFP, NXG, HPC, SGC, BAP, JIV, DFP, DAO, QTM, MMS, PTI, SHP, ANT, MSD, LHA, RDR, GPT, ARD, RWP, UMP, RJH, NSL, SHC, CLT, HAT, QLF, BSN, SWP, OWP, USF, SBL, TRP, AAR, TOM, GTK, PLT, GBL, DLP, HZF, NDP, RSS, PEN, RHL, WSI, SCH, GHR, GTC, LCC, SGH, HMP, NTB, RUS, JVO, BAL, NVL, PPR, P2P, HBV, HEX, PVP, AYM, HGI, EQN, SJP, SAF, RPP, EVP, BTM, DVH, SDM, VRS, ABP, ATL, NNH, SBA, AAY, 9T9, THP, PMA, SHD, DHR, NVY, BHP, KHH, MDH, MAK, ZVP, RSA, SVH, DPP, RHW, SRG, SYN, MAX, ADT, PNT, IPL, NAS, OIP, PRN, MDO, MAM, GNC, INC, AGT, BBS, AMR, KHC, DGN, HNP, EMB, ESY, ZEL, VDH, GPP, SSA, WHL, BHM, SWA, BLE, IAD, BIO, BDN, JSL, KMC, DYG