food interaction for BERZIN
alcohol interaction for BERZIN
pregnancy interaction for BERZIN
lactation interaction for BERZIN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for BERZIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for BERZIN
- VERTIN 24 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 16/tabletRs. 160pay 121% more per tablet
- BETAVERT OD 24 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 14.50/tabletRs. 145pay 100% more per tablet
- VERTIN OD 24 MG TABLET(7 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 18.93/tabletRs. 132.50pay 162% more per tablet
- BETAVERT 24 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.90/tabletRs. 129pay 78% more per tablet
- B STILL 24 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 14.30/tabletRs. 143pay 98% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for BERZIN
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to betahistine or any of the other ingredients of betahistine tablet.
- If you are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you have intolerance to some sugars like lactose.
Frequently asked questions for BERZIN
Q.Is betahistine FDA approved?
No, betahistine is not approved by FDA
Q.Is betahistine/betahistine dihydrochloride an antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid/addictive?
No, it belongs to the group of medicines called histamine analogues. It is not antihistamine/antibiotic/steroid and it is not an addictive drug
Q.Is betahistine available over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is betahistine used for vertigo/tinnitus?
Yes, it is used for vertigo, tinnitus. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.How long can I take betahistine for?
Patient should take betahistine for prescribed dose and duration as advised by doctor
Q.Can I take betahistine with antihistamine/ cinnarizine/citalopram/amitryptyline/cetirizine/ paracetamol/ibuprofen/prochlorperazine?
No, taking other medicines may alter the effects of betahistine. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q.Does betahistine make you sleepy/cause drowsiness/ weight gain?
Betahistine causing drowsiness is among common side effects. Weight gain may be observed rarely. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects.