food interaction for BACTILEM
alcohol interaction for BACTILEM
pregnancy interaction for BACTILEM
lactation interaction for BACTILEM
Avoid Bactilem 1500mg injection with dietary sodium.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BACTILEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BACTILEM
- COVATIL 1500 MG INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 41.14/ML of injectionRs. 205.70save 85% more per ML of injection
- FERVAY 1500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)BioconRs. 190/injectionRs. 190save 29% more per injection
- FECTIBOON 1500MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Emenox HealthcareRs. 228.57/ML of injectionRs. 228.57save 14% more per ML of injection
- SAFEUROX 1500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Kinedex Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 155.87/injectionRs. 155.87save 42% more per injection
- ZOCEF 1500MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 262/injectionRs. 262save 2% more per injection
Expert advice FOR BACTILEM
- Be sure to use cefuroxime for the full course of treatment as prescribed by your doctor. If you do not, the medicine may not clear up your infection completely. The bacteria could also become less sensitive to this or other medicines. This could make the infection harder to treat in the future.
- Take cefuroxime tablets after food or milk for optimum absorption.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with cefuroxime.
- Cefuroxime can make birth control pills less effective, which may result in pregnancy. You may need to use another form of birth control during treatment with cefuroxime.
- Do not start or continue the cefuroxime tablets and consult your doctor, If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR BACTILEM
Q. Does cefuroxime/ Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef contain sulfa or a form of penicillin drug?
Cefuroxime (also available as Ceftum/ Zocef/ Pulmocef) belongs to cephalosporin antibiotics and does not contain sulfa. However, its chemical structure is similar to penicillin
Q. Is cefuroxime gluten free?
Yes. Cefuroxime is gluten free. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use
Q. Can I take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)?
Yes. You can take cefuroxime with acetaminophen/ azithromycin/ doxycycline/ ibuprofen/ Nyquil (acetaminophen/ dextromethorphan/ doxylamine/ pseudoephedrine)/ Sudafed (pseudoephedrine hydrochloride)/ Xanax (alprazolam)
Q. Is cefuroxime safe?
Cefuroxime is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is cefuroxime a sulfa drug/ penicillin/ steroid/ an antibiotic?
Cefuroxime is an antibiotic belong to class of medication called as cephalosporin. It is not a steroid and does not contain penicillin or sulpha.