food interaction for AZITUS
alcohol interaction for AZITUS
pregnancy interaction for AZITUS
lactation interaction for AZITUS
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZITUS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZITUS
- AZITUS XL 200 SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 2.99/ML of suspensionRs. 89.74same price
- AZIWOK XL 200 MG/5 ML SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Wockhardt LtdRs. 2.99/ML of suspensionRs. 89.78same price
- ATM 200MG/5ML SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 3.01/ML of suspensionRs. 45.10pay 1% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for AZITUS
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZITUS
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.