food interaction for AZITUS
alcohol interaction for AZITUS
pregnancy interaction for AZITUS
lactation interaction for AZITUS
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZITUS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZITUS
- AZIWOK 100MG/5ML SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1.97/ML of suspensionRs. 29.50pay 5% more per ML of suspension
- AZITUS XL-100 SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 1.73/ML of suspensionRs. 51.90save 8% more per ML of suspension
- AZIWOK XL 100 MG/5 ML SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Wockhardt LtdRs. 1.93/ML of suspensionRs. 58pay 3% more per ML of suspension
- ATM 100MG/5ML SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 1.74/ML of suspensionRs. 26.14save 7% more per ML of suspension
- AZIBACT 100 MG/5ML SUSPENSION(15 ML suspension in bottle)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 1.80/ML of suspensionRs. 27save 4% more per ML of suspension
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for AZITUS
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZITUS
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.