food interaction for AZIT
alcohol interaction for AZIT
pregnancy interaction for AZIT
lactation interaction for AZIT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZIT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZIT
- ARGEX 250MG CAPSULE(3 capsules in strip)Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 13.25/capsuleRs. 39.75pay 28% more per capsule
- ZYCIN 250MG CAPSULE(6 capsules in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 11.97/capsuleRs. 71.85pay 16% more per capsule
- LOROMYCIN 250MG CAPSULE(6 capsules in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 10.58/capsuleRs. 63.51pay 2% more per capsule
- AZIZEN 250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Aretaeus PharmaceuticalsRs. 8.93/capsuleRs. 89.27save 14% more per capsule
- AZAR 250MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Concept Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.21/capsuleRs. 72.05save 30% more per capsule
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for AZIT
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZIT
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.