food interaction for AZEM
alcohol interaction for AZEM
pregnancy interaction for AZEM
lactation interaction for AZEM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for AZEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for AZEM
- AZEE 250MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 9.51/tabletRs. 57.08pay 14% more per tablet
- ZATHRIN 250 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 9.51/tabletRs. 57.05pay 14% more per tablet
- ATM 250 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 9.56/tabletRs. 57.35pay 15% more per tablet
- LAZ 250 MG TABLET(6 tablet in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 9.17/tabletRs. 55pay 10% more per tablet
- AZIMAX 250MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 9.51/tabletRs. 57.08pay 14% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for AZEM
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for AZEM
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.