Medicine Overview of Azac Cream
Uses of Azac Cream
Azac 20% Cream is used in the treatment of acne.
Side effects of Azac Cream
Application site burning, Application site pain, Application site itching.
How to use Azac Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Azac Cream works
Azac 20% cream works by stopping the production of essential substances in certain bacteria, therefore stopping them growing.
In Depth Information on Azac Cream
Expert advice for Azac Cream
- If you have a sensitive skin, you should apply Azelaic acid only once a day for the first week of treatment and then proceed to twice daily applications.
- You should not use Azelaic acid for more than 12 months at any time.
- Before applying the cream/gel, clean the skin thoroughly with plain water and make it dry.
- Azelaic acid is for external use on the skin only. You should not allow Azelaic acid to come into contact with your eyes, mouth or other inner skin layer (mucous membranes). If it does, wash immediately with large amounts of cool water.
- Use Azelaic acid with caution if you have asthma, as worsening of symptoms has been reported.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Azac 20% Cream
No interaction found
Azac 20% Cream is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Azac 20% Cream is safe to use during lactation. Human studi+more
es have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Azac 20% Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Azac 20+more
% Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Azelaic Acid, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Azac 20% Cream
Frequently asked questions for Azelaic Acid
Yes. Azac is an over the counter drug
Azac is not an AHA/retinoid/antibiotic/steroid. Azac may be a potent inhibitor of 5-alpha reductase which in turn decreases the levels of DHT (dihydrotestosterone).However, please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Azac mainly used to treat pimples and no other skin conditions
There is not much evidence found for Azac exfoliating dead skin
No. Azac does not bleach clothes.
User Submitted Feedback For Azac 20% Cream
Patients taking Azac 20% Cream
Once A Day
Twice A Week
Thrice A week
Substitutes for Azac
No substitutes found for this medicine