Information about Azelaic Acid
Azelaic Acid Uses
Azelaic Acid is used in the treatment of acne.
How Azelaic Acid works
Azelaic acid works by killing the acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) of the skin.
Common side effects of Azelaic Acid
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Azelaic Acid
AzidermMicro Labs Ltd
₹228 to ₹2615 variant(s)
EzanicIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹169 to ₹2504 variant(s)
₹90 to ₹1503 variant(s)
ZeborHetero Drugs Ltd
₹150 to ₹1752 variant(s)
₹70 to ₹902 variant(s)
AzeWest-Coast Pharmaceutical Works Ltd
ExazelEast West Pharma
₹149 to ₹1693 variant(s)
AzevivBiochemix Health Care Pvt. Ltd.
DermacGary Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹135 to ₹1902 variant(s)
ZelikHacks & Slacks Healthcare
Expert advice for Azelaic Acid
- Apply it precisely only over the affected area. If irritation happens, stop using it and consult your doctor.
- If you have sensitive skin, you should apply Azelaic acid only once a day for the first week of treatment and then proceed to twice daily applications.
- Before applying the cream/gel, clean the skin thoroughly with plain water and make it dry.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth or other inner skin layers (mucous membranes). In case of accidental contact, wash immediately with large amounts of cold water.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.