food interaction for AXIME
alcohol interaction for AXIME
pregnancy interaction for AXIME
lactation interaction for AXIME
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR AXIME
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR AXIME
- SECEF 200MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 8.90/capsuleRs. 89.04save 41% more per capsule
- TAURCEF O 200MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Taurus Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 12.48/capsuleRs. 124.81save 17% more per capsule
- WIXIM 200MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Windlas Biotech LtdRs. 20.50/capsuleRs. 82pay 37% more per capsule
- SAFEX 200MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Thrift PharmaceuticalsRs. 10.94/capsuleRs. 109.37save 27% more per capsule
- ODCEF 200MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Apex Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 38.35/capsuleRs. 153.42pay 156% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR AXIME
- Take caution when taking the medicine if you have liver or kidney disease or history of anemia.
- Take the tablets whole with a glass of water with or without food or milk. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- The medicine works best if taken with meal or within 30 minutes of a meal.
- Talk to your doctor if you have kidney problems, inflammation of colon (colitis) or if you are taking medicines to thin the blood (e.g. warfarin).
- Do not take cefixime if you are allergic to it or to any type of cephalosporin or penicillin drugs.
- Do not take cefexime if you have allergic reaction (rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of lips, face, tongue and throat).
- Do not give cefixime to a child less than 6 months of age.
Frequently asked questions FOR AXIME
Q. What is cefexime and what is it used for?
Cefexime (also available as Topcef/ Taxem/ Mahacef/ Zifi/ Suprax) is a cephalosporin antibiotic used for a variety of infections of the throat, chest and urinary tract and infections like typhoid or gonorrhea
Q. Is cefixime same as penicillin?
It is not penicillin
Q. Does it contain sulfur?
It does not contain sulfur
Q. Does cefexime affect birth control?
There is no evidence of cefexime affecting contraception. Please consult your doctor to confirm whether you require a secondary birth control measure while taking levofloxacin.