Information about Cefixime
Cefixime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefixime works
Cefixime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefixime
Nausea, Diarrhea, Vomiting, Loose stools, Flatulence, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia
Available Medicine for Cefixime
Taxim-OAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹48 to ₹24712 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹22013 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹1016 variant(s)
Omnicef-OAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹48 to ₹1094 variant(s)
MiliximGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹48 to ₹2367 variant(s)
CeftasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹47 to ₹2474 variant(s)
₹44 to ₹1517 variant(s)
RedicateDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹45 to ₹974 variant(s)
ExtacefBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹46 to ₹995 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefixime
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefixime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Cefixime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.