Information about Cefixime
Cefixime is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Cefixime works
Cefixime is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by preventing them from forming the bacterial protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of Cefixime
Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Cefixime
Taxim-OAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹48 to ₹2469 variant(s)
₹44 to ₹22813 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹1075 variant(s)
Omnicef-OAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹48 to ₹984 variant(s)
MiliximGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹43 to ₹1897 variant(s)
CeftasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹63 to ₹2664 variant(s)
₹44 to ₹1517 variant(s)
ExtacefBlue Cross Laboratories Ltd
₹46 to ₹896 variant(s)
RedicateDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹45 to ₹1083 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cefixime
- Your doctor has prescribed Cefixime to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection harder to treat.
- Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it does not stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Cefixime as it may cause increased side effects.
- Discontinue Cefixime and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.