food interaction for APETAMIN
alcohol interaction for APETAMIN
pregnancy interaction for APETAMIN
lactation interaction for APETAMIN
medicine interaction for APETAMIN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR APETAMIN
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR APETAMIN 2MG SYRUP
Patients taking APETAMIN 2MG SYRUP
- 60%Once A Day
- 40%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR APETAMIN
- CIPRON 2MG SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Gujarat Terce Laboratories LtdRs. 0.29/ML of syrupRs. 57.13save 45% more per ML of syrup
- CIPLACTIN 2MG/5ML SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 0.45/ML of syrupRs. 90.50save 12% more per ML of syrup
- APPODIN G SYRUP(200 ML syrup in bottle)Zenith Healthcare LtdRs. 0.24/ML of syrupRs. 47.11save 54% more per ML of syrup
Expert advice FOR APETAMIN
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to cyproheptadine or any of the other ingredients of cyproheptadine tablet.
- If you are taking other medicines such as antihistamines or monoamine-oxidase inhibitors.
Frequently asked questions FOR APETAMIN
Q. Is cyproheptadine used to gain weight/for headaches?
No, cyproheptadine is used for treatment of allergies. Patient should follow the advice of doctor regarding its use
Q. Is cyproheptadine a narcotic/antihistamine/anticholinergic/steroid?
Cyproheptadine is antihistaminic drug which may have anticholinergic effects. It is not a narcotic/steroid
Q. Is cyproheptadine over the counter?
No, it is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Is cyproheptadine safe?
It is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Can I take cyproheptadine with Benadryl/Tylenol/ibuprofen?
Yes, but Benadryl contains some amount of antihistaminic drug which may alter the effects of cyproheptadine. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does cyproheptadine get you high/make you gain weight/increase appetite/make you hungry?
Cyproheptadine causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q. Does cyproheptadine affect birth control?
No, it does not affect birth control. Patient should follow the advice of doctor before its use
Q. Does cyproheptadine have codeine/acetaminophen in it?
No, it does not contain codeine/acetaminophen in it.