food interaction for ALMOTAN
alcohol interaction for ALMOTAN
pregnancy interaction for ALMOTAN
lactation interaction for ALMOTAN
medicine interaction for ALMOTAN
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ALMOTAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ALMOTANNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR ALMOTAN
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Almotriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Almotriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Almotriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Almotriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Almotriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Almotriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking
as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Almotriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Frequently asked questions FOR ALMOTAN
Q. Is almotriptan a narcotic?
No. Almotriptan is not a narcotic
Q. What is almotriptan malate?
Almotriptan malate is a salt form of almotriptan
Q. Can I take paracetamol with almotriptan?
There is no known interaction between almotriptan and paracetamol. However, this does not confirm that it is safe to take these drugs together. Always follow doctor's advice on use of these medicines together
Q. How long does almotriptan take to work?
Almotriptan action starts soon after consuming the medicine, and reaches its peak level within 1 to 3 hours.