Medicine Overview of Afdethro Cream
Uses of Afdethro Cream
Afdethro Cream is used in the treatment of bacterial skin infections.
Side effects of Afdethro Cream
How to use Afdethro Cream
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and apply the cream. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Afdethro Cream works
Afdethro cream is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Afdethro Cream
Expert advice for Afdethro Cream
- Clean the affected area before applying the medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are using any other skin products.
- Avoid direct contact of erythromycin topical with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 6-8 weeks of continuous use.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- It should not take if patient is allergic to erythromycin or any of its ingredients.
Special precautions for Afdethro Cream
No interaction found
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Afdethro Cream is probably safe to use during lactation. Li+more
mited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Afdethro Cream does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Afdethr+more
o Cream in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Afdethro NA Cream
Frequently asked questions for Erythromycin Topical
Q. Is erythromycin/althrocin/erythrocin/erycin an antibiotic?
Erythromycin belongs to class of medications called macrolide antibiotics
Q. Is it penicillin?
Erythromycin is not penicillin
Q. Does erythromycin have sulfa in it?
Erythromycin does not contain sulfa
Q. Is erythromycin and azithromycin the same?
Erythromycin and azithromycin belongs to same class of drugs, however they are used to treat different types of infections, and also have a different side-effect profile
Q. Is erythromycin topical safe?
Erythromycin topical is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Substitutes for Afdethro
No substitutes found for this medicine