Information about Fluvastatin
Fluvastatin is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol, increased triglycerides and increased LDL levels.
How fluvastatin works
Fluvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering medicine (statins). It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lower "bad" cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of fluvastatin
Headache, Stomach pain, Constipation, Feeling sick, Muscle pain, Weakness, Dizziness, Increased glucose level in blood
Available Medicine for Fluvastatin
- ₹473Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluvastatin
- Decreases bad cholesterol and triglycerides, and increases good cholesterol levels.
- Helps prevent heart attack, stroke and death, especially if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity or a history of smoking.
- In general, Fluvastatin is safe. It may cause diarrhoea, gas, heartburn or an upset stomach. If any of these happen to you, take it with food (preferably half an hour after dinner).
- Inform your doctor if you have sudden muscle pain, fever, weakness, dark urine or yellow colour in your eyes or skin.
- Your doctor may ask you to check your blood sugar before and after you start Fluvastatin.