Fluvastatin is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol levels in blood, increased triglycerides levels in blood and increased ldl levels in blood.
How it works
Fluvastatin blocks an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. As a result, it lowers the level of cholesterol in the body.
Common side effects
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Allergic reaction, Headache, Nausea, Dyspepsia, Nasopharyngitis, Increased liver enzymes, Increased creatine phosphokinase (CPK) level in blood, Diarrhoea, Flatulence, Constipation, Joint swelling, Increased glucose level in blood
- ₹473Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- Take Fluvastatin only as prescribed by your doctor.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Fluvastatin, it may worsen the adverse effects of this medicine on the liver.
- Notify your doctor if you experience unexplained muscle pain or weakness, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Do not take Niacin with Fluvastatin. Niacin may increase Fluvastatin's side effects on the muscles, which can lead to serious kidney problems.
- Notify the doctor that you are taking this medicine before undergoing any kind of surgery.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.