Information about Fluvastatin
Fluvastatin is used in the treatment of increased cholesterol levels in blood, increased triglycerides levels in blood and increased LDL levels in blood.
How fluvastatin works
Fluvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering medicine (statins). It works by blocking an enzyme (HMG-CoA-reductase) that is required in the body to make cholesterol. It thus lower "bad" cholesterol (LDL), triglycerides and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of fluvastatin
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Allergic reaction, Headache, Nausea, Dyspepsia, Nasopharyngitis, Increased liver enzymes, Increased creatine phosphokinase (CPK) level in blood, Diarrhoea, Flatulence, Constipation, Joint swelling, Increased glucose level in blood
Available Medicine for Fluvastatin
- ₹473Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluvastatin
- Inform your doctor if you have muscle pain, cramps, weekness, tiredness or dark coloured urine while taking Fluvastatin.
- Fluvastatin may increase blood sugar levels. Your doctor may ask to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly.
- Inform your doctor if you regularly drink a large amount of alcohol.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.