Medicine Overview of ACETHROMB TABLET
Side effects of ACETHROMB TABLET
How to use ACETHROMB TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Acethromb 1mg tablet at a fixed time.
How ACETHROMB TABLET works
Acethromb 1mg tablet is an anticoagulant that prevents the formation of harmful blood clots.
In Depth Information on ACETHROMB TABLET
Expert advice for ACETHROMB TABLET
- Do consult your doctor before using acenocoumarol, if you have cancer; any infection or swelling (inflammation); problems of stomach or intestine; heart failure; or overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism or thyrotoxicosis)
- Before taking acenocoumarol, consult your doctor, if you need to go for any diagnostic procedure (e.g. angiography) or take a scan or X-ray or any minor surgery including dental procedures
- Caution must be exercised during use of acenocoumarol in children, elderly (?65 years) and malnourished patients
- Use of acenocoumarol is not recommended in patients with certain hereditary sugar intolerance disorders (galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorbtion)
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while on treatment with acenocoumarol.
- Do not take acenocoumarol if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding
Special precautions for ACETHROMB 1MG TABLET
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Acethromb 1mg tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Acethromb 1mg tablet is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
There is no interaction between driving and consuming this drug. So dose alteration is not needed.
Caution should be used in patients with mild to moderate imp+more
aired renal function. Contraindicated in patients with severe renal impairment....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ZYDOL 50MG SUSPENSION, NOLVADEX 10MG TABLET, ZATHRIN REDIMIX SUSPENSION, PRATHAM 200MG/5ML REDIUSE SUSPENSION
If you miss a dose of Acenocoumarol, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for ACETHROMB 1MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Acenocoumarol
Q. What is acenocoumarol?
Acenocoumarol is an anticoagulant drug or blood thinning drug
Q. What is it used for?
It is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g. Atrial fibrillation(disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart-valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism
Q. Acenocoumarolis Sintrom?
Yes. Sintrom is a trade name for active drug acenocoumaro
Q. What is Acenocoumarol Sandoz?
Acenocoumarol Sandoz is a trade name for active drug acenocoumarol available in some countries
Q. How does acenocoumarol work?
Acenocoumarol is used to prevent and treat blood clots in blood vessels (e.g.Atrial fibrillation (disorder in rhythm and speed of heart), after heart attack, artificial heart valves, deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism).It stops formation of blood clots by blocking the effect of vitamin K, which is essential in the biological process of clot formation.