Substitutes for A TRET CAPSULE
ACIPSOR 25MG CAPSULE
Kivi Labs Ltd
ZORATAME 25MG CAPSULE
ACITRIN 25MG CAPSULE
Ipca Laboratories Ltd
ACROTAC 25MG CAPSULE
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ACERET 25MG CAPSULE
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Medicine Overview of A TRET CAPSULE
Uses of A TRET CAPSULE
A tret 25mg capsule is used in the treatment of psoriasis.
Side effects of A TRET CAPSULE
Dry lips, Dry mouth, Dry nose, Conjunctivitis, Skin peeling, Visual disturbance.
How to use A TRET CAPSULE
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take A tret 25mg capsule with food.
How A TRET CAPSULE works
Researchers don't know how exactly A tret 25mg capsule works in psoriasis.
In Depth Information on A TRET CAPSULE
Expert advice for A TRET CAPSULE
- It is advisable to take this medication at the same time every day after a meal, preferably with milk or fatty food.
- It is necessary to inform your doctor if you have liver/kidney disease or suffer from high levels of cholesterol (hyperlipidemia).
- Do not donate blood if you are on this therapy and until 3 years after stopping this therapy. Women of child-bearing age should not receive blood from any person who is on this therapy.
- If you suffer from diabetes, the blood sugar levels should be checked often if you take acitretin.
- Do not drink alcohol while on this therapy and for 2 months after stopping this therapy as it would increase the risk of side effects.
- Do not wear lenses or go out in strong sunlight while on this therapy.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop bone, joint or muscle pain or have troubles with moving.
- Women of child-bearing age, if on acitretin therapy, should practice 2 methods of contraception; and be sure to tell your doctor the medications that you use, and the doctor will tell you which methods are acceptable.
- You will need to take pregnancy tests regularly if you are on treatment with acitretin and for at least 3 years after you stop taking acitretin.
Special precautions for A TRET 25MG CAPSULE
Taking alcohol and acitretin is not recommended because it i+more
ncrease the risk for birth defects in pregnant women....
A tret 25mg capsule is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
A tret 25mg capsule is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Acitretin is not indicated in renal dysfunction.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
MINOZ OD 100MG CAPSULE MR, CNN 50MG TABLET, TEGLIN 50MG INJECTION, DOXYREK 100MG CAPSULE DR
Frequently asked questions for A TRET 25MG CAPSULE
Frequently asked questions for Acitretin
Q. Is acitretin a steroid?
No acitretin is not a steroid
Q. Is it safe?
It is safe when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor
Q. What is acitretin?
Acitretin belongs to a class of medications called retinoids.It is used in the treatment of serious skin disorders such as severe psoriasis (dry, scaly, wax-like skin rash). It is also used to treat keratin deposition on skin (ichthyosis), skin rash (pityriasis) or small elevations of skin and mucosa (lichen ruber)
Q. Is it effective?
It is effective when used at the recommended dose and duration as advised by the doctor
Q. Can I take paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin?
There is no known adverse effect of taking paracetamol or ibuprofen with acitretin. Please follow the advice of your doctor on the same
Q. Does acitretin cause weight gain or affect sperm?
No there are no known effects of acitretin on weight gain and sperms. Please consult your doctor immediately if any side effects are observed while on this therapy
Q. How fast does acitretin work and how long is it available in the body?
Acitretin may seem to worsen symptoms at the start but should be effective during the course of the therapy. Continue to use as per doctor's recommendations. Acitretin should be cleared from the body within 36 days post the last dose.