Information about Lymecycline
Lymecycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How lymecycline works
Lymecycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of lymecycline
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Lymecycline
- ₹378La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹390Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lymecycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Lymecycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Take Lymecycline with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and acid reflux.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not take calcium, antacids or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Lymecycline.
- Discontinue Lymecycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
Frequently asked questions for Lymecycline
Q. Is lymecycline an antibiotic, penicillin or tetracycline?
Lymecycline is a type of tetracycline antibiotic. It is not a penicillin
Q. Is Lymecycline used for the treatment of acne?
Yes. Lymecycline is used for the treatment of acne caused due to infections by bacteria
Q. Is Lymecycline safe?
Lymecycline is relatively safe if used as directed by physician. In case of adverse events, please consult your doctor
Q. Is Lymecycline same as Tetralysal?
Yes. Tetralysal is the name of one of the brands of Lymecycline available in the market
Q. Does Lymecycline affect birth control?
Yes. Lymecycline may reduce the contraceptive action of hormonal contraceptive medicines. Hence, use of alternate birth control measure is recommended while taking Lymecycline
Q. Does Lymecycline cause weight changes, hair loss or affect periods?
Lymecycline is not known to cause hair loss or changes in weight or periods. If you experience any such adverse event, please consult your doctor.