food interaction for 3A
alcohol interaction for 3A
pregnancy interaction for 3A
lactation interaction for 3A
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for 3A
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for 3A
- AZITHRAL 250 MG TABLET DT(3 tablet dt in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 9.51/tablet dtRs. 28.53pay 106% more per tablet dt
- AZILIDE 250MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 7.90/tablet dtRs. 79.05pay 71% more per tablet dt
- AVAYA 250MG TABLET DT(6 tablet dt in strip)Innovative PharmaceuticalsRs. 9.43/tablet dtRs. 56.56pay 104% more per tablet dt
- ELZEE 250MG TABLET DT(6 tablet dt in strip)Elder Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8/tablet dtRs. 47.97pay 73% more per tablet dt
- AZFORIN 250MG TABLET DT(6 tablet dt in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 11.90/tablet dtRs. 71.40pay 158% more per tablet dt
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for 3A
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for 3A
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.