Well, it is a good news that you are trying to eat veg! But the bad news is that you must be thinking how much you will miss your old food especially when you will see someone eating a nice piece of the chicken drumstick. But the better news for you is that going veg does not mean you can never have a taste of the dishes you loved. Pretty much anything you used to eat can be made with plant-based ingredients which would taste like any meaty dishes. It just takes a little imagination, a bit of creativity, and the benefit of some tips and guidelines to help you create delicious and healthy vegetarian versions of those recipes.
Also, vegetarian cuisine is a potent storehouse of muscle-building and soul-satisfying nourishment with no added calories or cholesterol.
Let us have a look at some of the major plant-based food groups which provide ample nutrition and taste for all:
1. Legumes and beans: Rich in proteins, calcium, iron, and fiber, this family is loaded with nutrition. Enjoy peas, beans, and lentils as nature made them or delight in their varied versions like tofu, tempeh, and textured vegetable protein a.k.a. Soy chunks. Replace meat in your favorite recipes with these meat extensions.
2. Vegetables: Vegetables like spinach, zucchini, cauliflower, and broccoli are high in their protein content. With the right imagination, they can be used as meat analog in your most favorite dishes. Another meat substitute could be jackfruit which is loaded with nutrients, and when cooked tastes just like mutton.
P.S. You can now replace your lamb biryani with delicious jackfruit biryani.
3. Mushroom: Mushrooms can be the perfect meaty stuffing that you’re looking for. They make for great alternatives to meat in burgers and sandwiches.
4. Lentils: Lentils have always been a stand-in for meat since the beginning and is one of the most nutritious meals. Lentils are hearty and can replace ground beef easily. You can enjoy your favorite tacos with baked lentils filling.
5. Nuts and seeds: These are good sources of healthy fat, potassium, and zinc, something which not every other food can boast of. Eat them as scrumptious snacks in between your meals or add them to yogurts, smoothies, and desserts. Seeds like flax seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are the easiest way to incorporate taste and health in your diet.
6. Quinoa: Boil it, bake it, fry it or soak it, this gluten-free seed-like-gain is packed with protein and magnesium which is not n light on the tummy but also appetizing in taste.
A plant-based diet offers everyone the chance to enjoy delectable vegetarian dishes which provide the right nutrition. Let’s embrace these wonders of nature in our diet.