By Dr. Mom Das
Do you use smartphones, tablets or computers for long hours?
Do you have one or all of the following complaints?
- Pain in the eye
- Dry or itchy eye
- Blurred vision
Tips for eye care :
- Do remember to blink your eyes regularly.
- Always keep your smartphone or computer at least an arm’s length away from your eyes.
- Always remember to take a break from your computer or smart phone every 20 min and look somewhere distant for 20 seconds to 5 minutes, before resuming work.
- While taking a break relax your shoulder and neck muscles. Close your eyes, rub your palms together and cover the eyes with hollow of your palms for a minute or two.
- Using an antiglare screen is a must. The blue light emitted by smartphones is supposed to be damaging to the eyes and can lead to insomnia. Blue light filter Apps are devised to automatically reduce the harmful blue light reaching the eye.
- Keep the illumination of your screen to the minimum required level.
- Work in a well-lit room. Make sure that no light from behind you (from a bulb, tubelight or an open window) is being reflected from your smartphone or computer screen on to your eyes.
- You must have an annual eye check up for eyesight correction. If you work for long hours on computers, ask your optician to give special glasses for computer work.
To know more useful Information like this, Visit 1mg.com, India’s best online medicine shopping site.