This is the season of cozy blankets and steaming mugs of coffee, but alas, winter also brings unwanted bouts of coughs and sneezes. The cold and flu, seemingly insignificant, can cast a heavy toll on our bodies, as anyone who has experienced them can confirm.
While it’s impossible to escape exposure to germs entirely, incorporating some Ayurveda herbs and concoctions can help strengthen immunity during the colder months the natural way.
Are you fed up with lingering cold and cough symptoms? Experience effective relief from congestion with our selection of Ayurvedic products for cough, cold, and fever. Explore here!
Let’s check out some natural immunity boosters that can help enhance the immune system and maintain well-being throughout the winter!
1. Giloy: It is an effective immunity modulator and helps build a strong immune system. Take Giloy powder or juice with honey or lukewarm water.
2. Andrographis (Kalamegha): Also known as Bhunimba, meaning “Neem of Earth,” owing to its bitter taste, this herb effectively prevents cold and flu. However, seek professional guidance before incorporating Andrographis (Kalamegha) into your cold and flu prevention regimen.
3. Echinacea: A traditional herbal remedy for cold and flu prevention. Its flowers, leaves, and roots are commonly used to create medicinal solutions.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi leaves boost antibody production and ward off infections. Enjoy it as a tea by simmering tulsi leaves.
5. Ginger: The health benefits of ginger have been touted for centuries. A few slices of ginger in hot water and a few drops of honey can make a soothing drink for a sore throat.
6. Honey: With many antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, honey alleviates sore throat pain and is an effective cough suppressant. Take a teaspoonful of honey before bed at night to reduce the severity of cough symptoms.
If your cough persists, take cough syrups to soothe throat irritation and clear persistent phlegm for relief and better sleep in winter. Find the perfect cough syrup here.
7. Panax Ginseng: Also known as Asian Ginseng, it is a good immunity booster. It helps keep cold and flu at bay.
If you are looking for a concoction of herbs to ward off cold and cough this winter, incorporate 1-2 teaspoonfuls of Chyawanprash daily. Look for the Chyawanprash that suits you the best.
8. Talispatra: The leaves of this medicinal herb can be used fresh or dried as tincture or infusion. You can have it with honey in recommended amounts to prevent cold and flu.
9. Peppermint (Pudina): With great taste, pudina is good for preventing cold. You can add a few pudina leaves to lukewarm water and drink it daily, or add a few dried crushed pudina leaves to curd or salads for added benefits.
10. Raw Garlic: Its antiviral properties boost immunity and help prevent the common cold. You can even try garlic supplements to avoid the strong odor of fresh garlic.
11. Jaggery: Jaggery helps strengthen your immunity and prevents cold and flu. So instead of having a slice of chocolate cake, have some gur for your sweet tooth. You may also add it to your daily glass of milk.
12. Turmeric: One of the most effective natural remedies to increase immunity against cold and flu viruses. Take a glass of lukewarm water or milk and mix a pinch of turmeric powder, a little honey, and ginger into the drink.
Infuse your winter with Ayurvedic goodness! Try turmeric for natural relief from cold and cough. Order today for a soothing and healthy winter.
13. Clove: Clove boosts immunity and will help you get rid of phlegm if you catch a cold. Add a few cloves to your morning cup of tea and enjoy a congestion-free day.
14. Vitamin C: Increase the intake of fruits such as amla, oranges, limes, grapes, tomatoes, and other fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C during winter. Also, having hot tea with a few drops of lemon will relieve a sore throat. Although vitamin C won’t help you get rid of cold and flu, it can help build a stronger immune system to protect you from getting cold and flu.
Winter-proof your health! Experience the power of Ayurvedic immunity boosters. Order today to stay resilient against cold and cough.
Quick tips to prevent Cold & Flu this Winter
-Stay hydrated by drinking fluids regularly.
-Prioritize ample rest and quality sleep for a stronger immune system.
-Manage stress to reduce the risk of catching a cold.
-Ensure you receive a flu vaccination annually.
-Practice consistent hand hygiene.
-Avoid close contact with individuals exhibiting flu symptoms.
-Maintain a balanced diet with a focus on minerals and vitamins. Consider incorporating supplements such as zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D to boost immunity.
Take control of your health this winter. Prepare yourself for winter by taking proactive precautions and preventive measures!