BY DR. KHOOBSURAT NAJMA
It is best to have a cracker free Diwali. But if you are tempted, buy them from licensed shops only. Here are some useful tips to ensure that you have a safe Diwali
- Keep fireworks in boxes, away from children
- Burst crackers in open spaces like parks
- Maintain a two-foot distance from the crackers
- Keep blankets and buckets of water ready and accessible
- Keep regulators of gas cylinders off, protect curtains from stray rockets
- If your clothes catch fire, drop down on the ground and roll
- Pour water in case of burns. Do not smear ointment, butter or any other oily substance on wounds
- Don’t cover crackers with tin containers or glass bottles for additional sound
- Always take a candle to the cracker to light the cracker, never do the other way round
- do not tie Decorative lights and electric lights to metal poles
In case of injuries:
- Splash tap water (not ice water) on the affected area. Repeat the process till the burning sensation reduces. Rush the patient to the nearest hospital.
- If fingers or toes are burned, try and separate them with dry, sterile, non-adhesive dressings.
- Cover the burnt area with moist sterile bandage (do not use blanket or towel).
Click here to buy respiratory care product online From 1mg, India’s Leading online pharmacy.