food interaction for ZOMELIS MET
alcohol interaction for ZOMELIS MET
pregnancy interaction for ZOMELIS MET
lactation interaction for ZOMELIS MET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOMELIS MET
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ZOMELIS MET 500 MG/50 MG TABLET
Patients taking ZOMELIS MET 500 MG/50 MG TABLET
- 60%Twice A Day
- 29%Once A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
- 1%Twice A Week
- 1%Four Times A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ZOMELIS MET
- GALVUS MET 500 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Novartis India LtdRs. 25.83/tabletRs. 258.30pay 10% more per tablet
- VYSOV M 500 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 25.83/tabletRs. 258.30pay 10% more per tablet
- JALRA M 500 MG/50 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 25.83/tabletRs. 258.30pay 10% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for ZOMELIS MET
- Take the medicine with food to avoid upset stomach.
- Check your blood sugar regularly.
- Do not take metformin in severe diarrhoea or vomiting, or when starting antihypertensive or diuretic therapy or therapy with a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
- This medication may cause lactic acidosis (a build-up of lactic acid in the body, which can be fatal).
- Lactic acidosis can start slowly and get worse over time.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have even mild symptoms of lactic acidosis, such as:muscle pain or weakness,numb or cold arms and legs,trouble breathing,feeling dizzy, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, slow heart rate.
- Do not take metformin if you need to have any type of x-ray or CT scan using a dye
- You need to get certain kidney function tests done before starting treatment with metformin and regularly thereafter.
- Be careful when taking this drug in combination with insulin or other oral antidiabetics, as it may lead to low blood glucose level (hypoglycemia).
Frequently asked questions for ZOMELIS MET
Q.Is Metformin a birth control pill/ insulin / statin/ banned drug?
Metformin (also available as glyciphage, glycomet, glycomet SR) is an antidiabetic drug used in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients, as an adjunct to the diet and exercise
Q.Is metformin safe?
Metformin is generally safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Can I take metformin forever?
Metformin should be taken at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is metformin good for weight loss / weight loss in non-diabetics?
Metformin is used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in overweight patients.
Q.Is vildagliptin safe?
Vildagliptin (also available as galvus, jalra) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.How is vildagliptin metabolized?
Vildagliptin is metabolized by the process of hydrolysis in kidney
Q.Does vildagliptin cause weight gain?
Body weight usually does not change with vildagliptin therapy. However, consult your doctor, if you experience weight gain
Q.Is vildagliptin better than sitagliptin?
Vildagliptin and sitagliptin belong to same class of drugs and are equally effective and safe in treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is vildagliptin licensed with insulin?
Vildagliptin can be taken in combination with insulin when prescribed by doctor. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use.