Information about Metformin + Vildagliptin
Metformin + Vildagliptin Uses
Metformin + Vildagliptin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How Metformin + Vildagliptin works
Metformin + Vildagliptin is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Metformin and Vildagliptin. Metformin is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Vildagliptin is a DPP-4 inhibitor which works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces both fasting and postmeal sugar levels. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of Metformin + Vildagliptin
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Headache, Trembling, Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Metallic taste
Available Medicine for Metformin + Vildagliptin
₹276 to ₹4256 variant(s)
Galvus MetNovartis India Ltd
₹285 to ₹3184 variant(s)
Zomelis MetEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹135 to ₹2915 variant(s)
₹142 to ₹2595 variant(s)
ConiglipNovalab Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Glipty MVivifi Life Sciences
Valdiff-MIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹125 to ₹1353 variant(s)
Intaglip-MIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹85 to ₹892 variant(s)
Viglida MArrient Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹95 to ₹1052 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metformin + Vildagliptin
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anaesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metformin + Vildagliptin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your kidney and liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, darkened urine or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).