Information about Metformin + Vildagliptin
Metformin + Vildagliptin Uses
Metformin + Vildagliptin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How Metformin + Vildagliptin works
Metformin + Vildagliptin is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Metformin and Vildagliptin. Metformin is an anti-diabetic medication (biguanide). It works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Vildagliptin is a DPP-4 inhibitor which works by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas and decreasing the hormones that raise blood sugar levels. This reduces both fasting and postmeal sugar levels. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of Metformin + Vildagliptin
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Loss of appetite, Dizziness, Headache, Trembling, Metallic taste, Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
Available Medicine for Metformin + Vildagliptin
₹276 to ₹4256 variant(s)
Galvus MetNovartis India Ltd
₹285 to ₹3484 variant(s)
Zomelis MetEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹148 to ₹2915 variant(s)
₹145 to ₹2595 variant(s)
Glipty MVivifi Life Sciences
ConiglipNovalab Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Vilzato MElbrit Life Sciences
₹130 to ₹1402 variant(s)
Vildep MEswar Therapeutics Pvt Ltd
₹135 to ₹1502 variant(s)
Vildapride MMicro Labs Ltd
₹107 to ₹1182 variant(s)
₹75 to ₹862 variant(s)
Expert advice for Metformin + Vildagliptin
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine as it can control blood sugar better than metformin alone.
- Take it in addition to regular exercise and healthy diet to lower levels of blood sugar.
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- Chances of weight gain and low blood sugar are lesser as compared to other diabetes medicines.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anaesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing, persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Metformin + Vildagliptin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your kidney and liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, darkened urine or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).