food interaction for ZOGLI
alcohol interaction for ZOGLI
pregnancy interaction for ZOGLI
lactation interaction for ZOGLI
Taking glimepiride with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ZOGLI
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for ZOGLI
- PIOGLAR G 15 MG/2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.70/tabletRs. 97pay 42% more per tablet
- AMARYL P 15 MG/2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sanofi India LtdRs. 13.70/tabletRs. 136.99pay 100% more per tablet
- PIORYL 15MG/2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 7.65/tabletRs. 76.45pay 12% more per tablet
- POZITIV G 15 MG/2 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.30/tabletRs. 53.03save 22% more per tablet
- PIOGLIT GF 15MG/2MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.90/tabletRs. 99pay 45% more per tablet
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. J. K. SharmaMBBS, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for ZOGLI
- If you are allergic to pioglitazone or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- If you have heart failure or have had heart failure in the past.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have had a complication of diabetes causing rapid weight loss, nausea or vomiting (diabetic ketoacidosis) or a special type of diabetic eye disease with swelling of the back of the eye(macular edema).
- If you have ever had bladder cancer and blood in urine.
- If you have cysts on your ovaries (polycystic ovary syndrome).
Frequently asked questions for ZOGLI
Q.Does pioglitazone cause hair loss?
No, pioglitazone does not cause hair loss. However, if you experience such side effects, consult your doctor
Q.Does pioglitazone cause bladder cancer or any other cancer?
In clinical studies, more people who took pioglitazone for more than one year developed bladder cancer as compared to those who did not take pioglitazone. It is recommended to consult your doctor about the risk of taking this medication if you have had bladder cancer in the past or have a history of passing blood in urine. No other cancer type has been linked with use of pioglitazone
Q.Does pioglitazone cause heart failure?
Pioglitazone can cause fluid retention, which may worsen or precipitate heart failure
Q.Is pioglitazone safe?
Pioglitazone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q.Is glimepiride a generic drug?
Yes, glimepiride is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Amaryl, Zoryl, etc.)
Q.Can I take glimepiride with metformin or insulin?
Glimepiride may be given in combination with metformin and/or insulin depending on your medical condition and as prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does glimepiride cause fluctuations in weight,diarrhea, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, swelling, constipation?
Glimepiride is reported to cause low blood sugar level,weight gain, and swelling, but is not reported to cause diarrhea, constipation, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction
Q.Is glimepiride a fast acting sulfa drug?
Glimepiride is a medium- to long-acting sulfonylurea drug against type 2 diabetes mellitus (action lasts for 24 hours). Its maximum effect is seen after 2-3 hours of drug intake
Q.Is glimepiride same as glipizide, glyburide, metformin, or insulin?
They are not same. Glimepiride, glipizide and glyburide belong to the same class of drugs called sulfonylureas. Metformin belong to class called biguanides.Glimepiride causes release of insulin but it is not insulin.It should only be used if no other alternative drug is available. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.