Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
Information about Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
Pioglitazone + glimepiride uses
Pioglitazone+Glimepiride is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How pioglitazone + glimepiride works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Pioglitazone and glimepiride. Pioglitazone is a thiazolidinedione which works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of pioglitazone + glimepiride
Edema (swelling), Cold symptoms, Headache, Urinary tract infection, Diarrhea, Nausea, Leg pain, Reduced blood cell count, Infection, Accidental injury
Available Medicine for Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
- ₹32 to ₹130USV Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹125Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹71Franco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹105Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹62USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹85Fidelity Lifesciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹77Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹137Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹42Abbott1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast).
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).