Home>pioglitazone + glimepiride
Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
Information about Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
How Pioglitazone + Glimepiride works
Pioglitazone + Glimepiride is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Pioglitazone and glimepiride. Pioglitazone is a thiazolidinedione which works by increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Together, they provide better control of blood sugar.
Common side effects of Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Weight gain, Upper respiratory tract infection, Lower limb edema
Available Medicine for Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
Pioglar-GSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Pozitiv GFranco-Indian Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹71 to ₹932 variant(s)
Path GLupin Ltd
₹79 to ₹1052 variant(s)
Pioz GUSV Ltd
₹47 to ₹612 variant(s)
TriofidFidelity Lifesciences Pvt Ltd
₹65 to ₹852 variant(s)
ZorepIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Pioglit GSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Amaryl PSanofi India Ltd
₹79 to ₹1362 variant(s)
Pioglit GFSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Glimy PDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Pioglitazone + Glimepiride
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
- Take it with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast).
- It may cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxiety.
- Inform your doctor if you notice weight gain, shortness of breath, irregular heartbeat, or any abnormal swelling.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).