food interaction for ZIVATOR
alcohol interaction for ZIVATOR
pregnancy interaction for ZIVATOR
lactation interaction for ZIVATOR
medicine interaction for ZIVATOR
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ZIVATOR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ZIVATOR
- INVANZ 1 GM INJECTION(20 ML injection in vial)MSD Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 130.80/ML of injectionRs. 2616save 94% more per ML of injection
- GERTA 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 2462/ML of injectionRs. 2462pay 15% more per ML of injection
- ALERTA 1 GM INJECTION(5 ML injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 510.89/ML of injectionRs. 2554.46save 76% more per ML of injection
- LYORTAM 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 2400/ML of injectionRs. 2400pay 12% more per ML of injection
- FORSTAL 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Zyphar's Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2394/injectionRs. 2394pay 12% more per injection
Expert advice FOR ZIVATOR
- Do not start ertapenem, if you are allergic to ertapenem, or to any of the other ingredients in ertapenem tablets, or other antibiotics such as penicillins, cephalosporins or carbapenems.
- Do not take ertapenem, if you have developed diarrhea just before or after taking ertapenem.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: kidney disease (especially if you are receiving dialysis treatments), localized tremors, or fits; high blood pressure or other diseases.
- Avoid using ertapenem, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR ZIVATOR
Q. Is ertapenem and penicillin or a sulfa drug or a beta lactam or does ertapenem contain penicillin?
Ertapenem is an antibiotic of the beta-lactam group, similar in structure to penicillins. However, they are used for the treatment of different infections. Ertapenem is not a sulfa drug
Q. what is ertapenem used for?
Ertapenem is used to treat infections in various parts of the body caused by bacteria that are susceptible it. These include gynecologic and abdominal infections, pneumonia, skin and underlying tissue infections due to diabetes (e.g. diabetic foot). It is also used to prevent infection after certain types of surgeries
Q. What is ertapenem sodium?
Ertapenem sodium is sodium salt of the ertapenem antibiotic
Q. Is ertapenem nephrotoxic?
Yes. It increases serum creatinine and serum urea
Q. What is ertapenem IV?
Ertapenem IV is intravenous preparation of ertapenem i.e. solution of ertapenem that is used for direct injection into a blood vessel (vein) over few minutes or hours
Q. Does ertapenem cover enterococcus or enterococcus faecalis or pseudomonas?
No, ertapenem is not effective against enterococcus or enterococcus faecalis and pseudomonas at all
Q. Does ertapenem cover VRE or ESBL or MSSA?
Ertapenem covers ESBL (extended spectrum beta lactamase) producing bacteria as well as MSSA (methicillin sensitive staphylococcus aureus). It does not cover and is ineffective to treat VRE (vancomycin resistant enterococci)
Q. Is ertapenem compatible with d5w?
Ertapenem is not compatible with dextrose 5% injection solution
Q. Is ertapenem a vesicant?
Ertapenem is not a vesicant. However, leakage of the ertapenem solution during injection can cause pain and swelling of the surrounding skin and underlying tissue, as well as skin ulceration.