food interaction for VINTOR
alcohol interaction for VINTOR
pregnancy interaction for VINTOR
lactation interaction for VINTOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VINTOR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for VINTOR 4000 IU INJECTION
Patients taking VINTOR 4000 IU INJECTION
- 34%Once A Week
- 32%Twice A Week
- 19%Once A Day
- 13%Thrice A week
- 2%Twice A Month
SUBSTITUTES for VINTOR
- ESPOGEN 4000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)LG LifesciencesRs. 1680/injectionRs. 1680pay 27% more per injection
- RENOCEL 4000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 625/injectionRs. 625save 53% more per injection
- EPREX 4000 IU INJECTION(0.4 ML injection in vial)Janssen PharmaceuticalsRs. 1820/ML of injectionRs. 1820pay 38% more per ML of injection
- ERYPRO 4000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)BioconRs. 1375.52/ML of injectionRs. 1375.52pay 4% more per ML of injection
- EPOTRUST 4000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Panacea Biotec LtdRs. 1283.33/ML of injectionRs. 1283.33save 3% more per ML of injection
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet SethiMBBS, DNB, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for VINTOR
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for VINTOR
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.