food interaction for VINTOR
alcohol interaction for VINTOR
pregnancy interaction for VINTOR
lactation interaction for VINTOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for VINTOR
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for VINTOR
- EPOFIT 2000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 748/ML of injectionRs. 748pay 20% more per ML of injection
- ZYROP 2000 IU INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Zydus CadilaRs. 347.50/ML of injectionRs. 695save 44% more per ML of injection
- RENOCEL 2000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 712.37/injectionRs. 712.37pay 14% more per injection
- EPOCEPT 2000 IU INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 650/ML of injectionRs. 650pay 4% more per ML of injection
- ESPOGEN 2000 IU INJECTION(1 injection in vial)LG LifesciencesRs. 1020/injectionRs. 1020pay 63% more per injection
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for VINTOR
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for VINTOR
Q.What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q.How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.