food interaction for VALUPENEM
alcohol interaction for VALUPENEM
pregnancy interaction for VALUPENEM
lactation interaction for VALUPENEM
medicine interaction for VALUPENEM
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR VALUPENEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR VALUPENEM
- MEROTROL 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Lupin LtdRs. 988/injectionRs. 988pay 147% more per injection
- MEROMAC 1 GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 592/injectionRs. 592pay 48% more per injection
- KITPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 809.52/ML of injectionRs. 809.52pay 103% more per ML of injection
- ULTIBLAST 1GM INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 865.28/ML of injectionRs. 865.28pay 117% more per ML of injection
- MEROPENEM 1GM INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Jan AushadhiRs. 502.06/injectionRs. 502.06pay 26% more per injection
Expert advice FOR VALUPENEM
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a history of seizures or central nervous system problems (e.g. brain lesions).
- If you experience severe and persistent diarrhea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are taking other drugs like probenecid, valproic acid, or oral anticoagulants like warfarin.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR VALUPENEM
Q. Is meropenem a penicillin, cephalosporin, or beta lactam drug?
Meropenem is not a penicillin or cephalosporin drug. It is a carbapenem beta-lactam antibiotic
Q. Is meropenem safe?
Meropenem is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is meropenem dialyzable?
Yes, meropenem is dialyzable
Q. Is meropenem compatible with vancomycin, or potassium?
Meropenem may be compatible with potassium or vancomycin. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q. Is meropenem nephrotoxic, vesicant or cause thrombocytopenia?
Meropenem may be nephrotoxic, vesicant, and may cause thrombocytopenia. Please consult your doctor if you experience these side effects
Q. What organisms does meropenem cover?
Meropenem is active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, aerobes as well as anaerobes. It is effective against enterococcus, streptococcus, and methicillin-sensitive Staphylococcus aureus (MSSA), but not effective against listeria or methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.