Information about Valproic Acid
Valproic acid uses
How valproic acid works
Valproic Acid is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of valproic acid
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Liver function abnormal, Weight gain, Tremor
Available Medicine for Valproic Acid
- ₹38 to ₹122Kivi Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹86Altius Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹58Aurum Life Science Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹55Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹53La Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹82A N Pharmacia2 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹91Psycormedies3 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹110Bondane Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹100Welgenic Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹120Pulse Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Valproic Acid
- Valproic Acid should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- Do not stop using Valproic Acid without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
- Can cause upset stomach, hair loss, weight gain, sleepiness, and tremor.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Valproic Acid, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.