Information about Valproic Acid
Valproic acid uses
How valproic acid works
Valproic Acid is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of valproic acid
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Liver function abnormal, Weight gain, Tremor
Available Medicine for Valproic Acid
- ₹21 to ₹53La Pharmaceuticals4 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹95Altius Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹56 to ₹59La Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹122Kivi Labs Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹35 to ₹58Aurum Life Science Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹91Psycormedies3 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹82A N Pharmacia2 variant(s)
- ₹60Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹120Glarizonto Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹38 to ₹69Lifecare Innovations Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Valproic Acid
- Valproic Acid helps in the treatment and prevention of seizures.
- Take it at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Valproic Acid, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not take Valproic Acid if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.