Information about Valproic Acid
Valproic Acid Uses
How Valproic Acid works
Valproic Acid is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Valproic Acid
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Tremors, Double vision, Diarrhea, Impaired coordination, Increased appetite, Weakness, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Valproic Acid
₹21 to ₹524 variant(s)
₹56 to ₹772 variant(s)
IvalpKivi Labs Ltd
₹38 to ₹1214 variant(s)
Novalept ChronoAurum Life Science Pvt Ltd
₹36 to ₹573 variant(s)
₹42 to ₹903 variant(s)
ConvulexA N Pharmacia
₹29 to ₹822 variant(s)
DivunaDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
DivazenSain Medicaments Pvt Ltd
ValrestSBS Biotech Limited
Expert advice for Valproic Acid
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause cosmetic side effects such as increased hair growth on the face, acne and thinning of hair. Talk to your doctor if this bothers you.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.