SALT INFORMATIONPantoprazole(20 mg)
Pantoprazole is used for treating symptoms of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (heartburn, back flow of acid from stomach, difficulty in swallowing), inflammation of esophagus, excess acid secretion by stomach (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome), in prevention of intestinal or stomach ulcers in patients caused by prolonged pain killer use.
How it works
Pantoprazole belongs to a class of drugs known as proton pump inhibitors. It acts by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
Common side effects
Vertigo, Fracture of the hip, Wrist or spine, Diarrhea, Blurred vision, Pruritis, Pyrexia, Dizzines
- PANTOCID 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharma Laboratories LtdRs. 5.70/tabletRs. 57pay 185% more per tablet
- PAN 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 5.20/tabletRs. 52pay 160% more per tablet
- PANTOP 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.48/tabletRs. 44.78pay 124% more per tablet
- PANTODAC-20 TABLET(10 tablet in strip)ZYDUS CADILARs. 7.21/tabletRs. 72.10pay 260% more per tablet
- NEXPAN 20MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 8.57/tabletRs. 85.70pay 328% more per tablet
- Take the medicine 1 hour before a meal and swallow the tablet as whole.
- Inform your doctor if you are put on long-term treatment with pantoprazole, especially if you have severe liver disease, deficiency of vitamin B12 or receiving the drug atazanavir for HIV treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have low magnesium levels in your blood.
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to it.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole.
Q. Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib.
Q. Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor.
Q. Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach.
Q. Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.