Medicine Overview of Tropac Eye Drop
Uses of Tropac Eye Drop
Tropac Eye Drop is used in Eye examination and Uveitis.
It is especially used in adults.
It is especially used in adults.
Side effects of Tropac Eye Drop
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Dry mouth.
How to use Tropac Eye Drop
This medicine is for external use only.Take it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Hold the dropper close to the eye/ear without touching it. Gently squeeze the dropper and place the medicine inside the lower eyelid or ear. Wipe off extra liquid.
How Tropac Eye Drop works
Tropac eye drop is used to dilate or enlarge the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
In Depth Information on Tropac Eye Drop
Expert advice for Tropac Eye Drop
- Seek medical attention if you have developed red or inflamed eyes.
- Do not use contact lenses while using this solution.
- Tropicamide increases sunlight sensitivity and hence you are advised to wear sunglasses while going outdoors.
- Do not drive or use heavy machinery immediately after using these drops as usage can cause blurred vision. Vision may be slightly blurred for up to 24 hours. Wait for eyes to clear up completely before using heavy machinery or driving.
- Do not use other eye drops for 24 hours after using tropicamide unless advised by the doctor.
- The lacrimal sac should be compressed by pressure for two to three minutes after instillation to avoid excessive systemic absorption.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before using this eye drop.
Special precautions for Tropac Eye Drop
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tropac Eye Drop may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tropac Eye Drop should be used with caution during lactation+more
. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
Tropac Eye Drop may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or d+more
ecrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
There is limited information available on the use of Tropac+more
Eye Drop in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Tropicamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Tropac 1% w/v Eye Drop
Frequently asked questions for Tropicamide
Tropac is used to enlarge (dilate) the pupil of the eye (topical mydriatic) as well as for temporary paralysis of the eye (cycloplegia) for easy examination of different parts of the eye like the lens, vitreous humor, retina etc. by a doctor or eye specialist
Tropac. belongs to a class of medication called antimuscarinics. It blocks the activity of the acetyl choline receptor, thus stopping the transmission of nerve impulses. This in turn leads to dilation as well temporary paralysis of the eye
Tropac has mild stinging as a well-known side effect
Tropac is known to work usually within half an hour of using it.
User Submitted Feedback For Tropac 1% w/v Eye Drop
Patients taking Tropac Eye Drop
Thrice A Day
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
Substitutes for Tropac Eye Drop
Tropicacyl 1% w/v Eye Drop
Sunways India Pvt Ltd
₹7.5/ml of Eye Drop