Information about Tropicamide
Tropicamide is used in eye examination and uveitis. It is especially used in adults.
How tropicamide works
Tropicamide is used to dilate or enlarge the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
Common side effects of tropicamide
Stinging in the eyes, Blurred vision, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Tropicamide
- ₹54Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Jawa Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹45Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹51Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹38Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41Ahlcon Parenterals India Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹74Ahlcon Parenterals India Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tropicamide
- Tropicamide enlarges the pupil for eye examination and is commonly used in adults.
- It also reduces inflammation (redness and swelling) after cataract surgery.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Tropicamide
Q. What is Tropicamide used for?
Tropicamide is used to enlarge (dilate) the pupil of the eye (topical mydriatic) as well as for temporary paralysis of the eye (cycloplegia) for easy examination of different parts of the eye like the lens, vitreous humor, retina etc. by a doctor or eye specialist
Q. How does Tropicamide work?
Tropicamide. belongs to a class of medication called antimuscarinics. It blocks the activity of the acetyl choline receptor, thus stopping the transmission of nerve impulses. This in turn leads to dilation as well temporary paralysis of the eye
Q. Why does Tropicamide sting?
Tropicamide has mild stinging as a well-known side effect
Q. How quickly does Tropicamide work?
Tropicamide is known to work usually within half an hour of using it.