food interaction for TRIMACONTIN
alcohol interaction for TRIMACONTIN
pregnancy interaction for TRIMACONTIN
lactation interaction for TRIMACONTIN
SALT INFORMATION for TRIMACONTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TRIMACONTIN
- METAGARD CR 35MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 9.55/tabletRs. 95.50save 17% more per tablet
- TRIZID 35 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aretaeus PharmaceuticalsRs. 12/tabletRs. 120pay 5% more per tablet
- ISVEDON CR 35 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Life Medicare & Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60save 48% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for TRIMACONTIN
- Trimetazidine may make you feel dizzy and drowsy which may affect your ability to drive or use machinery. Trimetazidine should be discontinued if there is no treatment response after a 3 month treatment benefit assessment. Inform your doctor before you start trimetazidine:
- If you are currently taking any other medicine
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to get pregnant
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience trembling, rigid posture, slow movements and shuffling, unbalanced walk, especially in elderly patients.
- Caution should be exercised as falls may occur following a drop in blood pressure or loss of balance.Inform your doctor if you experience signs of angina attack (sensation of pressure, squeezing, or pain in chest) while on trimetazidine.
- Patients with moderate kidney problems and patients above 75 years must exercise caution for increased risk to side effects while on trimetazidine.
Frequently asked questions for TRIMACONTIN
Q.Is trimetazidine FDA approved?
No, trimetazidine is not FDA approved
Q.What is trimetazidine/ trimetazidine dihydrochloride used for?
Trimetazidine is used in the treatment of angina pectoris (sensation of pressure, squeezing, or pain in chest due to insufficient blood supply to the muscles of the heart) as an additional therapy to other frontline medicines. It may also be used in patients who do not respond well to other anti-anginal medicines