Information about Trimetazidine
Trimetazidine is used to prevent chest pain (angina).
How trimetazidine works
Trimetazidine decreases the oxygen requirement of the heart by shifting its metabolism from fats to glucose. As a result, the heart works more efficiently.
Common side effects of trimetazidine
Headache, Vomiting, Dizziness, Weakness, Constipation, Nausea
Available Medicine for Trimetazidine
- ₹90 to ₹109Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹120Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹177Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹117Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹159Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹160Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹153Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹126USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹88Shrrishti Health Care Products Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Avinash Health Products Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trimetazidine
- The Trimetazidine may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving if you feel dizzy after consuming Trimetazidine.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Do not breast-feed while taking Trimetazidine.
Frequently asked questions for Trimetazidine
Q. Is trimetazidine FDA approved?
Yes, trimetazidine is FDA approved
Q. What is trimetazidine/ trimetazidine dihydrochloride used for?
Trimetazidine is used in the treatment of angina pectoris (sensation of pressure, squeezing, or pain in chest due to insufficient blood supply to the muscles of the heart) as an additional therapy to other frontline medicines. It may also be used in patients who do not respond well to other anti-anginal medicines