Information about Trimetazidine
Trimetazidine is used to prevent chest pain (Angina).
How trimetazidine works
Trimetazidine decreases the oxygen requirement of the heart by shifting its metabolism from fats to glucose. As a result, the heart works more efficiently.
Common side effects of trimetazidine
Headache, Vomiting, Dizziness, Weakness, Constipation, Nausea
Available Medicine for Trimetazidine
- ₹90 to ₹109Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75 to ₹131Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹195Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹129Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹175Ipca Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹74 to ₹175Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹168Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹126USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹86Shrrishti Health Care Products Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34Medley Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trimetazidine
- Trimetazidine prevents new attacks of angina but does not stop an acute attack.
- Does not affect heart rate, blood pressure at rest or during exercise.
- Improves HbA1c and blood sugar levels in diabetes patients.
- Avoid driving or using machinery if you feel dizzy after taking Trimetazidine.
Frequently asked questions for Trimetazidine
Q. What is Trimetazidine used for?
Trimetazidine is used in the treatment of angina pectoris (sensation of pressure, squeezing, or pain in the chest due to insufficient blood supply to the heart) as an additional therapy to other medicines.